CT 295 is a three way compact speaker.
CT 295 is a closed-cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Visaton .
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Visaton SC 5, 8 Ohm tweeter
- a Visaton FRS 8, 4 Ohm fullrange driver
- a Visaton WS 17 E, 4 Ohm woofer
The loudspeaker has been developed by Thomas Schmidt.
The crossover consists of:
- a 2nd order high-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the ullrange loudspeaker.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear.
The decay spectrum is nearly perfect.
At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 0.5% above 200 Hz and doesn't exceed 1% at 95 dB at 1 m between 200 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 131,00 excl. VAT: € 112.93 / $ 133.26
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitor for the tweeter is of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap ESA 250 V. The other ones (except one with 47 uF) are Audaphon polypropylen capacitors with 400V
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 159,87 excl. VAT: € 137.82 / $ 162.63
If you prefer to mount the crossover components on a 159 x 127 mm universal PCB instead on wood:
Universal PCB RA160, order no.. I-2766, price per unit: EUR 4,97 excl. VAT: € 4.28 / $ 5.06
We recommend one board per kit (two boards for a speaker pair)