Cumulus C BPA is a two way compact speaker.
Cumulus C BPA is a bass-reflex cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Omnes Audio and Tang Band.
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Omnes Audio CX 3.1 coaxial driver
- two Tang Band W4-657 woofers
The loudspeaker has been developed by Thorsten Fischer.
The crossover consists of:
- a 2nd order high-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 259,00 excl. VAT: € 217.65 / $ 230.71
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitors for the fullrange driver are of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap PWA 160.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 300,00 excl. VAT: € 252.10 / $ 267.23