Duero is a three way wall-mounted speaker which has been optimized in frequency response for wall mounting (which increases the bass).
Duero is a closed-cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Audaphon and Wavecor.
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Audaphon AMT 2i air motion transformer (ribbon-tweeter)
- a Wavecor WF120BD09 mids driver
- two Wavecor WF182BD10 woofers
The loudspeaker has been developed by Dennis Frank and Daniel Gattig.
The crossover consists of:
- a 2nd order high-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear.
The decay spectrum is perfect.
At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 1% above 400 Hz and doesn't exceed 1,5% at 95 dB at 1 m between 300 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 870,00 excl. VAT: € 731.09 / $ 884.62
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitors for the tweeter are of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap ESA 250.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 895,00 excl. VAT: € 752.10 / $ 910.04
If you prefer to mount the crossover components on a universal PCB instead on wood
PCB 220x155 mm, order no. I-8805002, price per unit: EUR 11,80 excl. VAT: € 9.92 / $ 12.00
We recommend one board per kit (2 boards per speaker pair)