Hobo 2 is a 2,5 way floorstanding speaker.
Hobo 2 is a closed-cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Celestion and Monacor.
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Celestion CDX1-1747 on Celestion H1-7050 NoBell
- a Monacor SPH-220HQ midrange / bass driver
- a Monacor SPH-220HQ woofer
The loudspeaker has been developed by Thomas Schmidt and Holger Barske.
The crossover consists of:
- a first order high-pass filter (6 dB per octave slope) and downstream transformer, trap circuit for the tweeter
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a first order low-pass filter (6 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear.
The decay spectrum is perfect.
At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 0,6% above 250 Hz and doesn't exceed 0,9% at 95 dB at 1 m between 300 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker - not available
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitors for the Celestion CDX1-1747 an Monacor MRH-180 are of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap CSA 630 V.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker - not available
If you prefer to mount the crossover components on a universal PCB instead on wood
PCB 220x155 mm, order no. I-8805002, price per unit: EUR 11,80 excl. VAT: € 9.92 / $ 11.80
We recommend one board per kit (2 boards per speaker pair)