K+T 4-9-9 is a three way floorstanding speaker.
K+T 4-9-9 is a bass-reflex cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Beyma .
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Beyma TPL-75 air motion transformer (ribbon-tweeter)
- a Beyma 6 G 40 FE mids driver
- a Beyma 12 WR 400 woofer
The loudspeaker has been developed by Thomas Schmidt.
The crossover consists of:
- a first order high-pass filter (6 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a 3rd order low-pass filter (18 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear.
The decay spectrum is nearly perfect.
At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 0,5% above 250 Hz and doesn't exceed 0,8% at 95 dB at 1 m between 300 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 811,00 excl. VAT: € 681.51 / $ 742.85
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitor for the tweeter is of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap CSA 630 V.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 835,00 excl. VAT: € 701.68 / $ 764.83
If you prefer to mount the crossover components on a universal PCB instead on wood
PCB 220x155 mm, order no. I-8805002, price per unit: EUR 11,70 excl. VAT: € 9.83 / $ 10.72
We recommend one board per kit (2 boards per speaker pair)