The baffle (front of the cabinet) should have a bevel at the edge or the edges should be rounded.
Inside the cabinet use half a pack of the wool damping stuff and cover the left and right side
part with Bitumex (the black sheets).
Quite a lot of parts in the crossover let you think: There is much to be corrected.
The opposite is right: The crossover is designed to separate as smooth as a 6 dB crossover.
Important: The polarity of the tweeter is opposite to that of the woofer!
If you don't like reversed polarity, the tweeter has to be out 8 cm backwards.
If you have a tube amplifier an additional impedance correction should be used,
- electrolytic capacitor 22 uF
- air coil 0,47 mH / 0,7 mm
- Resistor 12 Ohm, 10 Watt
These parts will be connected in series and the two free
connections will be connected to the speaker terminal.
If you want to do some improvements in the crossover (not necessary):
- instead of 6,8 mH coil take a copper foil inductor cfc14-6,8 uH
- instead of the capacitor 6,8 uF use a Mundorf MCAP-Supreme
or a Mundorf MCap
-Sup-Silver/oil 6,8 uF/1200V.
- if you want to do any possible improvement exchange the 8,2 mH core inductor against a
Mundorf air coil (Backlackluftspule)
back to Lagrange 98