Olution is a three way floorstanding speaker.
Olution is a bass-reflex cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Monacor .
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Monacor DT-350 NF tweeter
- a Monacor SPH-165 KEP mids driver
- two Monacor SPH-250 CTC woofers
The loudspeaker has been developed by Florian Englerth and Bern Bieg.
The crossover consists of:
- a 3rd order high-pass filter (18 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The frequency response of this speaker is nearly linear. The decay spectrum is nearly perfect. At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 0.5% above 300 Hz and doesn't exceed 0.8% at 95 dB at 1 m between 300 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker - not available
The high-end kit is delivered with copper foil coils on important parts of the crossover for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitors for the fullrange driver are of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap PWA, PX and even CSA capacitors.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker - not available
If you prefer to mount the crossover components on a universal PCB instead on wood
PCB 220x155 mm, order no. I-8805002, price per unit: EUR 11,80 excl. VAT: € 9.92 / $ 9.92
We recommend two boards per kit (four boards for a speaker pair)