Silenos is a three way floorstanding speaker.
Silenos is a bass-reflex cabinet loudspeaker with drivers of Scan-Speak .
The kit is delivered with the following drivers:
- a Scan-Speak R2604/832000 tweeter
- a Scan-Speak 12W-4524G00 mids driver
- a Scan-Speak 22W-4534G00 woofer
The loudspeaker has been developed by Gerd Lommersum and Dennis Frank.
The crossover consists of:
- a 3rd order high-pass filter (18 dB per octave slope) for the tweeter.
- a band pass consisting of a 2nd order high pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) and a 3rd order low-pass filter (18 dB per octave slope) for the mids-woofer.
- a 2nd order low-pass filter (12 dB per octave slope) for the woofer.
The kit is delivered with a special made silenos pcb, for very easy building of the crossovers.
The frequency response of this speaker is perfectly linear.
The decay spectrum is nearly perfect.
At low volume, i.e. 85 dB at 1 m, the nonlinear distortions are below 0,5% above 200 Hz and doesn't exceed 1,3% at 95 dB at 1 m between 300 and 15000 Hz.
the crossover components (right),
to be mounted on a small wooden board.
Kit without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 382,00 excl. VAT: € 321.01 / $ 365.95
The high-end kit is delivered with baked varnish air core coils for minimizing microphonic effects. - The current flow through the coil creates a magnetic field which sets the reel of wire in motion. This motion induces a voltage in the coil which adds itself to the signal. The stiffer the reel of wire is, the less the signal will be altered. The capacitors for the Scan-Speak R2604/832000 are of type polypropylen (MKP) Clarity-Cap ESA 250 V.
Kit with high-end-crossover without cabinet, price per speaker EUR 434,00 excl. VAT: € 364.71 / $ 415.76