The PSC2 is a plate amp for use in powered speaker systems. As an active speaker controller, a PSC2 can form the basis of a powerful active two-way monitor. Figure 1 shows the audio path of the PSC2. The module has two 700Watt UcD modules implemented and is also available with a digital audio input AES/EBU, called the PSC2.700d version. The supply voltage is provided by a Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS1200) module, also a module from Hypex Electronics. A PC controls the PSC2 through the USB port. This connection is used to upload the configuration and filter settings. It will also be possible to update the firmware through USB.
Its Digital Signal Processor is fully configurable to suit applications as diverse as 2-way monitor speakers and powered subs. Four programmable presets, Powercon inlet and balanced audio inputs make it the ideal workhorse for professional or high-end domestic speakers.
Applications: This module can be used for the following setups:
- Active 2-channel system
- Active power sub-woofer
And with 2 modules it is also possible to set up a 3-channel system with one module for the separate Subwoofer, and a second module for the top in a 2-channel system.
All setups are possible with analogue and optional with the digital audio inputs AES/EBU.
- Analog only version, PSC2.700
- 2x UcD700OEM plate amplifier
- Powered by SMPS1200
- Four programmable presets
- Balanced audio input
- Balanced audio through loop
- Powercon power connection
- Two channel active filtering
- Fully user-configurable DSP filters
- Firmware update by USB
- Digital version with AES/EBU input
Key electrical data
- Supply voltage: 230Volt AC/50Hz +/- 10% (switch able to 115Volt 60Hz)
- Output power LS1: 700W @ 4Ohms
- Output power LS2: 700W @ 4Ohms
Key mechanical data
- Dimensions: 210mm x 380mm x 55mm(W x H x D)
- Weight: 3.2Kg
No cables included
Price per unit
(Order No hy-PSC2700d) EUR 597,00 excl. VAT: € 501.68 / $ 536.80